our latest contacts, a little contesting, good food and fellowship. We want you to join us.
This year the SLSRC Field Day Event we will be held in the Smith Memorial Pavilion located in Queeny Park. Queeny Park is located off Weidman Road north of Manchester Road.
The Smith Pavilion is located near the highest point in the park with a great horizon shot and overlooks a little valley below. The Smith Pavilion is located at the far end of the parking lot after first left-turn roadway after entering the park. Signs will mark the way. At the site there will be water, electric (for the overnight crew), charcoal grill, restroom facilities (porta-potties) and handicap parking should be available.
This pavilion is smaller than those we have used in years past but it should make for a nice operating environment. The SLSRC will again have the club’s HF radios, antennas and computers set up for the event in accordance with the rules of the ARRL. If you have a preferred time that you want to operate, please let us know and we’ll try to accommodate your request as best we can. For you “hard cores” we will be allowed for overnight radio operations, but again we need to know your plans in advance.
Schedule: June 24 & 25th
- 7:30 am - Kick-off breakfast at Denny’s Restaurant, 1096 S. Highway Drive (I44 @ Bowles Ave. exit), Fenton, MO 63026
- 8:30 am - Trailer Tower & Gear arrive at Queeny Park
- 9:00 am - Set up begins at Queeny Park - Smith Memorial Pavilion
Help with setup is requested - everyone welcome
- 1:00 pm (1300 UTC) - We will go live per the rules of the event
- 3:00 pm - Educational task (tbd)
- 4:45 pm - Short club meeting – Bill Carroll
- 5:00 pm – Dinner
Menu to be determined (check back for details). Attendees are invited to bring a side dish or dessert.
Bring chairs just in case – dining seating may be limited
- 8:00 am - Breakfast for those present
- 11:00 am - We begin to break down and clean up the event site
We will need help – please volunteer
Check back often as we will be adding changes in the weeks to come.